Thursday, February 10, 2011

THUNDER!

Thursday, the 10th of Feb.
Woke up this morning to loud claps of thunder!  I mean LOUD!  It made me miss Alabama thunderstorms.  Well prior to that I woke up around 1am to some bumping music next door.  At first I thought it was a club opening up but then I realized it was coming from the other side of the wall.  Oh well, it was really fun music and I enjoyed it.  I got up and danced alone in my apartment haha.  Plus, after the first song or two they turned it way down.  Very considerate neighbors.
The day was uneventful but what a night!  I started off the evening eating dinner with Daniel, my classmate over here.  On the way back to my building I found a Messianic (FN1) coffee shop that’s only a few blocks away from my apartment!  Hello great place to study!  Not only that, but they invited me to church on Saturday!  Wahoo!
Then coming back into the building I met one of my neighbors, Zoe, who introduced me to a lot of my other neighbors!  She was really outgoing and very nice.  We chatted for a while then I went into my apartment and realized that Zoe probably corresponds with “dlink-zoe” - the router with perfect signal (my internet is still out and I’m desperate).  So I went back to ask her but she doesn’t know the password and asked me to try and come fix it because she can’t get her iPhone on the network either.  Anyways, next thing I know I’m hanging out with a group of my neighbors: Zoe, Rhavid and Merri.  Zoe lives with her partner, Rhavid, next door.  Her birthday is today and it was their mini-party that I heard last night.  Merri lives downstairs.  At one point Zoe interrupted the conversation and said, “excuse me, but I just have to ask.  Is your nose yours?”  Meaning, did I have a nose-job.  That’s the second person to comment on my nose since I’ve been here.  The security guard at the mall, who spoke no English was talking about it and pointing.  I have no idea what’s going on.  Anyways, Zoe and Rhavid invited me to her real birthday party on Saturday!  I think I shall go.
FN1 Messianic.   Messianic Jews are Jews who believe that Jesus is the Messiah.

No comments:

Post a Comment