Monday, February 21, 2011

Orientation!

Monday, the 21st of Feb.

So I don’t have classes today, just orientation.  Kinda weird to have orientation after classes have started, but ok, just roll with it.

Daniel and I took the bus together from our neighborhood to the school.  The first thing we saw when we arrived was a big booth serving beer and alcohol at 10am.  This country is something else.  In fact, if you agreed to “like” the Facebook page of the TAU International Buddy System then you got a free beer.  Otherwise it was about a buck a beer.

Once orientation started we were treated like celebrities.  They gave us free shirts and the dean told us, and I quote, “you are special, the rules don’t apply.”  I think I’m going to love this school.

I also realized that a lot of my classmates live really, really close to me and so I will have my bus “commute” with friends, which is great since it’s about 40 minutes each way.

No comments:

Post a Comment