Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A Swim in the Mediterranean, Well Almost

Wednesday, the 9th of Feb.

Today to switch it up I decided instead of running I was going to go for a swim and the Ben Gurion pool complex at the beach.  It’s kind of expensive to get in, even with the student discount it was 50 shekels (~$13.50) but I wanted to swim.
This however presented a dilemma.  The pool is about 1.5 miles from my apartment.  I could wear normal clothes and change there or just make the trek wearing pool clothes.  I decided that I couldn’t be bothered to find the locker room and pack a change of clothes so I made the trek wearing a swimsuit.  Haha it was awesome.
The swim was great.  It’s advertised as “salty, mineral groundwater” and it delivered.  It was a little like swimming in the ocean except with clear water and no waves.  I swam my normal workout for about two hours then decided to relax with some breast-stroke.  I could not do it.  It was impossible in the salty water.  Haha I just could not get the rhythm right because I usually glide a little bit under water on every stroke but no matter how deeply I angled on entry I’d just bounce back to the surface every stinking time.  So that ended that brief experiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment