Friday, February 25, 2011

Shabbat Dinner

Friday, the 25th of Feb.

Today was another great day in the Holy Land.  I slept in this morning then went a bought a bike from “O Fun!’  Haha.  I paid 550 shekels for it ($148) and they have a policy that allows me to return the bike when I leave the country for 1/3 of the price I paid ($49).   So I’m basically paying $100 to rent a bike for two and a half months. 

Then I went on a long run that afternoon of 10 miles.  It really felt great to get out and just enjoy the country.  You see so many interesting things when you run around.  I’m a slow runner so I move past life slow enough to see the culture and watch the people interact.  It’s great.

Tonight my buddies Brian and Ben invited everyone over for Shabbat dinner.  It was great because Brian fried schnitzel that was unreal.  Gideon and Natalie did the traditional Shabbat blessings and we ate and hung out.  It was really a great evening of food and hanging out.

No comments:

Post a Comment