Thursday, February 24, 2011

Every Day An Adventure

Thursday, the 24th of Feb.

Today on the bus a girl broke her ankle trying to get on the bus.  I noticed a girl sitting down between the bus and the curb, but I didn’t know why. Finally, the old women sitting on the bus started yelling.  Then they started yelling at a guy who was sitting at the front of the bus who was about my age.  He finally says, “I don’t speak Hebrew.”  So I told him that I thought they wanted him to help the girl sitting on the ground.  He gets up and looks, but doesn't do anything.  So I worm my way up through the bus to the girl who’s sitting in the street between the bus and the curb clutching her leg and shaking.  So I get the lady standing nearby to help me and we get her to a bench where we can evaluate her leg.  It looked broken to me because there was movement where there shouldn't be movement.  However, she refused to let us call an ambulance (conveniently the same word in English and Hebrew) so we got back on the bus and went on our way.

No comments:

Post a Comment