Saturday, February 19, 2011

Another Shabbat

Saturday, the 19th of Feb.

I can’t believe another week has come and gone.  Church was really awesome today.  The head pastor/rabbi was back and he’s great. 

During the service I sat next to some guys from The Joshua Fund, who are over here checking on the funds they administer.  As I’ve mentioned before, the service is in Hebrew but they have translation through ear pieces for those of us who do not speak Hebrew.  In my quest to try and pick-up some Hebrew I decided to forgo the earpiece this particular day so I just sat directly in front of the guy who does the translation.  That allowed me to hear the sermon as well as the translation.  At one point during the service one of the Joshua Fund guys leans over to me and says “you’re so unassuming but it’s really impressive that you’re fluent in Hebrew and English.”  Apparently they hadn’t realized you could hear the translation that was right behind them.  Haha, he was right that I definitely look like I don’t know Hebrew.

When I got back I Skyped with people from Macedonia to the US.  Technology really is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment