Sunday, March 6, 2011

Wow

Ok, so a lot has happened since I last blogged so you're just going to get the highlights and detailed posts will come soon. 

First, I broke my laptop in a bike wreck on Thursday.  I wish I had a better story, like I got hit by a motorcycle or something, but instead I just misjudged a curb on my ride home in the dark and took a really small spill (nothing like my bad wreck during a training ride on the first day of law school for those of you UASOL peeps who remember meeting this kid with bandages everywhere).  When I got home the screen on the laptop wasn't working.  That was a big problem because all our reading is online.  However, my friends, old and new, are really awesome.  One of my Stateside friends offered cash to buy a new one when he found out about the dilemma and one of my new classmates here offered to let me borrow her extra laptop.  So I'm using the borrowed laptop and it's working great for now.  Isn't that awesome?

Second, a UASOL student passed away this week.  I got the school-wide email on Friday.  The father of this student is one of the most respected and powerful men in the state.  Though I've never met him, from all accounts he's a really great guy.  It's really sobering to think that with all of his money and power, he still could not save his daughter.  Really makes you think about what's important in life.

Finally, we were supposed to tour the wall that Israel built to secure the "border" between the West Bank and Israel proper, but the bus driver never showed up this morning so instead we had a nice hang-out time on the law school lawn.  The trip was rescheduled for Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment