Sunday, March 6, 2011

Running from the Cops

Sunday, the 6th of March

Another fun story from my commute to school today.  As I was pulling up to one of the main intersections today I saw a kid in his late teens running down the street backpack flopping around behind him chased by a police officer.  (Both individuals were rather portly, especially the police officer.)  When I stopped at the intersection there was a girl with a bike off to the side with another police officer crying.  Turns out they were out issuing tickets for jay walking and they had gotten the girl and tried to get the guy but he ran away.  Haha.

We were supposed to go on a tour of the wall that Israel built between Israel proper and the West Bank (FN1) but the bus driver never showed up so we didn’t go.  Instead we just sat around and hung out.

Tonight I went to meet my landlord to pay rent.  It looks like a really sketch drug deal because we meet on a street corner and I had him an envelope full of cash.  Haha.  (I pay in cash because I don’t want to go through the hassle of opening a bank account here.)  I hand him an envelope with cash he hands me an envelope with a receipt and we head our separate ways.

FN1.  The terminology used to describe the land is highly charged politically.  One wing would say “Palestine” and “Israel” another would say “Eretz Israel” period.  I intend no statement by my choice of words.

No comments:

Post a Comment