Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Beach

Saturday, the 5th of March

Woke up this morning expecting to go to church.  However, I remembered that the church wasn’t meeting in its normal location this week, but I couldn’t look up the new location since my laptop still isn’t working.  Boo.  So I went back to bed.  Yay.

After lunch I went to the beach to meet Eric, a friend of a friend, at the beach.  Eric and I are both Big 4 Alum (and proud of it) and have tons of mutual friends.  He’s over here working right now so everyone had said we needed to get together to hang out.  When he called he didn’t know where he was on the beach.  Now, Tel Aviv has about five miles of beaches so that’s a problem.  He told me that the beach where they were at had a rock seawall out in the ocean.  If you’re from Tel Aviv you know how funny that is because every single beach has one of those walls.  It’s like telling me that you’re at the beach with sand.  Despite that, we eventually met up.  It was quite easy to find him since he was wearing a Mercedes Marathon Week shirt.  Haha.

We had a great time hanging out on the beach and talking about Big 4 accounting, life in Israel and the Lord.  I realized mid-way through the conversation that I’ve picked-up some Israeli customs because a guy came up and asked me if he could “disturb me for a second” and I responded “depends on what you mean by disturb.”  Haha bluntness is the Israeli hallmark.  I love it.  Turns out the guy wanted to check out the Crazy Creek  I was sitting in.  He was a designer for the IDF and had tried to develop something similar for them.  

As I was leaving the beach after hanging out with Eric, Daniel called and said he and a bunch of the exchange students were also at the beach so I just moved a couple hundred yards down the beach and hung out with them for the rest of the day.

1 comment: