Thursday, March 3, 2011

Hang Haman!

Thursday, the 3rd of March

Today was a fairly epic day.  It started off extremely uneventfully, but on the way home I had my now infamous bike wreck.  It was no big deal at all.  It hardly even qualified as a wreck but when I got home I discovered that the wreck had damaged the laptop screen (it was in my backpack).  That tiny accident would have far reaching implications. 

On happier news, I am getting emails about the upcoming Purim holiday that are written in Hebrew and end with "Hang Haman!”  Esther 7:10  That seems like a really cool tag-line.  I might adopt it.

FN1Purim.  Purim is the holiday where the Jews celebrate being rescued from annihilation by the bravery of Queen Esther.  It’s a really cool story and I encourage you to read it.  It’s celebrated now by the wearing of costumes.  Throughout the history of the Jews, God has worked directly and miraculously in their history (see The Parting of the Red Sea - really, it's an epic video) but this time God chose to work behind the scenes so people wear costumes to hide and remember that God was working behind the scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment