Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Old World!


Wednesday, the 26th of Jan.
This day is really a continuation of yesterday.  Despite getting upgraded by Gertie to an entire row, I didn’t sleep very well on the plane, which is unusual for me because I sleep really well on planes.  [Update: I slept like a baby on every other flight this trip.]  Arriving in London and getting to Cambridge was actually remarkably easy.  Or at least it would have been if I wasn’t hauling about 150 pounds of luggage.  Yuck.  That was quite difficult to navigate through the airport, immigration, customs, the Tube at rush hour, the train station, the train and finally the cab.  One cabbie actually refused to take us because the bags were so big haha.  I actually think I packed quite light for three months but whatever.
When we got to the Mudge’s we went with Elizabeth to the grocery store, Tesco Express, which was a really pretty walk through a park and an alley.  The store had some really interesting products like “Roast Chicken” potato “crisps.” 
After lunch we took a quick nap and then hung out for a while before we headed to Wrestlers this incredible English pub that serves amazing Thai food.  You read that right.  Cask ale on tap and some of the best Thai food ever on your plate.  Highly recommended.
After dinner we went on base to go grocery shopping at the PX, Adam also showed us the flight line which was amazing.  Rows of fighter planes lined up and ready to roll.  Then we went home and to bed.  Apparently I had already started the process because I fell asleep on the way back then woke up and jumped in mid-conversation, much to the amusements of my fellow passengers.

No comments:

Post a Comment